Audio Wireless Online Store
For all enquiries please call
AW Digitally Tuned Active LPDA Antenna V2 [470-702MHz]
LPDA-A-DT V2 (Log Periodic Dipole Array - Active - Digitally Tuned) antenna is designed to operate over the 470-702MHz tuning range and it consists of two components: LPDA-P passive antenna section with in-built Band-Pass Filtering and an Active Antenna Booster.
LPDA-A-DT V2 may be used in active or passive mode to suit individual applications:
- Narrow-Band Digitally Tuned (DT) mode, tunable in the 470-702MHz with nominal 24MHz bandwidth tunable in 8MHz steps (option with 50MHz bandwidth tunable in 25MHz steps is available) with user adjustable 20dB gain
- Fixed Bandwidth in the 470-702MHz range with user adjustable 14dB gain
- When there is no dc present the LPDA-A-DT V2 can be used as a High Gain Passive antenna for receive or transmit applications with in-built filtering 470-702MHz, passive gain boasting 5dB.
In the Digitally Tuned Mode (DT) the band-pass filter is tuned to 24MHz (or 50MHz) frequency window to reject all outer frequencies providing an excellent protection to the receiving system, the digitally tuned band pass filter is user tuneable in 8MHz steps via the OLED menu from 470 to 702MHz.
In the Semi Broadband Mode (WB), a very low loss Band-pass filter is employed with fixed bandwidth between 470-702MHz.
The booster section; the input design uses a digitally adjustable RF-Attenuator before the RF Amplifier against RF overload and similarly the Booster Gain adjust is used after the RF amplifier to compensate long antenna extension cable losses, both are user adjustable. The booster section employs a very high dynamic range Low Noise RF amplifier offering a linear gain within the tuning range.
The LPDA-A-DT V2’s unique design offers flexibility as well as additional front-end protection against interfering dirty RF, in DT-Mode the booster offers 20dB user adjustable gain to compensate long antenna extension cable losses hence increased distance between the transmitter and the receivers, LPDA-A-DT V2 finds its application in film making, documentaries, fixed installations as in studios, theatres. Compatible with any UHF wireless receiving systems (Digital or Analogue) providing a directional coverage pattern.
The antennae are constructed using advanced multi-layer PCB designs technique with copper-clad epoxy fiberglass to withstand heavy duty use in harsh environments, providing long life and consistent performance under difficult operating conditions. The booster box is a custom-design machined aluminum, black anodized with water resistant O-ring mounting. Mounting is made easy with integrated thread that directly mounts on to a tripod or with the supplied adaptor it can be mount directly on to a microphone stand. Powering is through coaxial cable power source of 10-18Vdc.
- Digitally tuned filtering in DT Mode
- Semi-Broadband filtering in WB Mode
- No dc Passive Mode with in-built Band-Pass filtering
- Very high dynamic range RF amplifier
- Tuning range 470-702MHz
- User adjustable tuning in 8MHz or 25MHz steps
- Tuning window 24MHz or 50MHz
- Independently user adjustable input Attenuator and booster gain
- Intuitive OLED display menu
- Powered through coax cable
- Integrated mount adaptor
- CNC machined custom design
Digitally Tuned Mode
|Tuning Step||8MHz or 25MHz|
|Bandwidth||24MHz or 50MHz|
|Selectivity||-38dB to -30dB@50MHz min.
(across the whole tuning range)
|Gain||20 +/- 2dB (user adjustable in 1.0dB steps)|
Passive Mode (No DC Present)
|Frequency Range||470 to 702MHz with in-built Band Pass Filter|
|Passive Gain||+5dB with in-built band Pass Filter – 470-702MHz|
|RF output||50 Ω Standard BNC-F|
|Mounting Options||3/8”-16 standard tripod mount
5/8”-27 adapter supplied
|External Power||10-18Vdc, through coaxial cable
(reverse power and short circuit protected)
|Current consumption@12Vdc||125mA +/- 10mA|